Reasons why it’s awesome we are no longer newlyweds:
1. They say the first year is the hardest. We have that behind us!
2. I no longer have the pressure of using an awesome wedding photo as my facebook profile picture, since it’s been kinda too long for that, so I can use ANYTHING I want, which is what I used to do, and I’d switch it up all the time. I can do that again. (I am half kidding, but honestly, I get bored with my picture a lot so it’s great to be able to switch it out and not feel bad.)
Right now, it’s this, for instance.
but maybe soon I’ll switch it to this:
or this (only $50, a bargain!)
The possibilities are endless (especially since I take pictures of myself and other things every day)!
Things that I annoy me about being married (or perhaps, being a 30-something female):
I get a lot of questions about
1. When we are having children (or, worse, am I expecting?)
2. How have our lives changed since we got married.
These are both two really good questions.
One of the things Chris and I have been discussing on our vacation is how I should respond to these questions, particularly the first one. We’re working on a good response. I try not to use profanity on the blog, so I can’t actually print my response here, but I have one now. Suffice it to say that people are very nosy and need to mind their own business.
The second question is a perfectly good question, except that it’s kind of silly. The short answer is our lives haven’t changed at all, since we have been together since February of 1999. The long answer is, a lot more people ask me when I’m having children, but people no longer ask when we are getting married.
Things that are awesome about being on vacation in a nice hotel in a nearby city:
1. No real pressure to sight see since you’ve been here before and you’ll be back, so you can spend almost the whole day relaxing at the hotel.
2. If you do choose to leave the hotel, when you come back the room is magically clean! This is the opposite of being at home.
3. You can leave a ponytail holder on the nightstand overnight. When you wake up it is still there!
4. King size bed and amazing in-shower stuff.
Things that are great about being on vacation generally and not having to drive or work or do anything really:
From the hotel gym: unfortunately I did not stop exercising at the first sign of discomfort. (I think I thought my head was fuzzy, but perhaps it was just the picture.)
Looking forward to this tonight!